HB 1001 – Home Inspection law- The Contract
The new home inspection law HB1001 working its way through the PA legislature codifies the home inspector’s contract with his/her client. Many inspectors already include these provisions but a couple important ones will now be required. Here’s the full list:
- Signature of client.
- Scope of home inspection.
- Fee charged to client.
- Contact information of home inspector.
- License number of home inspector.
- A statement explaining the confidentiality between the home inspector and the client.
Two important prohibitions will also be required. The contract shall be unenforceable if the contract includes either of these two provisions:
- A limitation on the liability of the home inspector for gross negligence or willful misconduct.
- A waiver of any provision that the new law stipulates.
Next post: The Home Inspection Report
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!