HB1001 – The Board
HB1001 calls for the establishment of a board to oversee the home inspection profession in the state of PA. The newly formed Home Inspection Licensing Board will be composed of:
- A secretary or a designee of the secretary.
- The Attorney General or a designee of the Attorney General.
- Six home inspectors who are licensed in the Commonwealth.
- Three members of the general public without expertise or training as a home inspector.
- One real estate agent or broker who is licensed in the Commonwealth.
- One engineer or architect licensed in the Commonwealth.
Some of the powers and duties of the newly created Board will be:
- Grant licenses to home inspectors.
- Oversee regulations.
- Examine, deny, approve, issue, revoke, suspend or renew home inspection licenses.
- Conduct hearings on complaints.
- Establish requirements for continuing education.
- Spend money 🙂.
- Submit a yearly report to the House and Senate.
- Submit an annual budget request.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of licensed home inspectors in PA.
- Establish licensing fees.
Next post will be on requirements for licensure.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!